Dad On Retire
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Email Whitelisting
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Thank you
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock
No Result
View All Result
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock
No Result
View All Result
Dad On Retire
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Israel, Hamas start 4-day cease-fire in Gaza war, ahead of hostage-prisoner swap exchange

DadOnRetire by DadOnRetire
November 24, 2023
in News
0
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The temporary cease-fire that was negotiated between Israel and Hamas in Gaza took effect early Friday morning, setting the stage for an expected hostage release-prisoner swap later in the day.

The four-day truce will bring a halt in fighting to allow promised humanitarian relief for Gaza’s 2.3 million people, who have endured weeks of violence that was triggered when Hamas-led forces carried out the worst terror attack in Israel’s 75-year history, in which they took hundreds of hostages back across the border on Oct. 7. 

The cease-fire kicked off at 7 a.m. local time (0500 GMT). During this period, Hamas has pledged to free at least 50 of the about 240 hostages it and other militants took on Oct. 7. Hamas said Israel would free 150 Palestinian prisoners, in a 3 prisoners-to-1 hostage ratio.

The truce-for-hostages deal will begin with both sides releasing women and children. Israel said the truce would be extended an extra day for every additional 10 hostages freed.

The deal was reached after weeks of intense negotiations, led by Qatar, the United States and Egypt serving as mediators. It is the first significant break in fighting since Israel declared war on Hamas seven weeks ago. Previous cease-fires have been interrupted before their intended deadline.

A first group of 13 women and children held by Hamas will be freed Friday afternoon, according to Qatari foreign ministry spokesman Majed al-Ansari.

Israel’s Justice Ministry published a list of 300 prisoners eligible to be released, mostly teenagers detained over the past year. Hamas is expected to release a similar list of Israel hostages on Friday.

As the fighting is suspended, supplies will be delivered to Palestinians in Gaza ‘as soon as possible,’ al-Ansari said Thursday.

Hamas said 200 trucks a day will enter Gaza carrying aid, including food, water and fuel, but has given no details on quantities.

The Qatari foreign ministry spokesman said the wider hope is that the ‘momentum’ from the cease-fire will lead to an ‘end to this violence.’

However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to destroy Hamas’ military capabilities and its governance of Gaza after the truce expires.

Such an elimination of Hamas would end its 16-year rule in Gaza. Netanyahu has also repeatedly committed to ensuring all the estimated 240 captives held in Gaza by Hamas and other groups are returned to Israel.

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION REACTS TO TEMPORARY CEASE-FIRE DEAL BETWEEN ISRAEL, HAMAS 

‘We will continue it until we achieve all our goals,’ Netanyahu said.

Benjamin Netanyahu: We have to win for the sake of the civilized world

During an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity earlier this week, Netanyahu said Israel was committed to winning the war against Hamas to eliminate its ‘dark tyranny’ from the Gaza Strip.

‘We have to win not only for our sake, but for the sake of the Middle East, for the sake of our Arab neighbors. You know what, for the sake of Gazans who’ve been held by this dark tyranny that has brutalized and brought them nothing but bloodshed and poverty and misery,’ Netanyahu said Monday. ‘We have to win to protect Israel. We have to win to safeguard the Middle East. We have to win for the sake of the civilized world. That’s the battle we’re fighting, and it’s being waged right now. There is no substitute for that victory.’

Israel further pushed back against speculation the temporary truce would bring an end to the fighting when Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant was quoted as telling troops Thursday that the war would resume with intensity for at least two more months.

More than 13,300 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run Health Ministry in Gaza, which does not differentiate between civilians and militants in its death tolls.

Israel says it has killed thousands of Hamas fighters, but the exact figures have not been provided.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

The temporary cease-fire that was negotiated between Israel and Hamas in Gaza took effect early Friday morning, setting the stage for an expected hostage release-prisoner swap later in the day.

The four-day truce will bring a halt in fighting to allow promised humanitarian relief for Gaza’s 2.3 million people, who have endured weeks of violence that was triggered when Hamas-led forces carried out the worst terror attack in Israel’s 75-year history, in which they took hundreds of hostages back across the border on Oct. 7. 

The cease-fire kicked off at 7 a.m. local time (0500 GMT). During this period, Hamas has pledged to free at least 50 of the about 240 hostages it and other militants took on Oct. 7. Hamas said Israel would free 150 Palestinian prisoners, in a 3 prisoners-to-1 hostage ratio.

The truce-for-hostages deal will begin with both sides releasing women and children. Israel said the truce would be extended an extra day for every additional 10 hostages freed.

The deal was reached after weeks of intense negotiations, led by Qatar, the United States and Egypt serving as mediators. It is the first significant break in fighting since Israel declared war on Hamas seven weeks ago. Previous cease-fires have been interrupted before their intended deadline.

A first group of 13 women and children held by Hamas will be freed Friday afternoon, according to Qatari foreign ministry spokesman Majed al-Ansari.

Israel’s Justice Ministry published a list of 300 prisoners eligible to be released, mostly teenagers detained over the past year. Hamas is expected to release a similar list of Israel hostages on Friday.

As the fighting is suspended, supplies will be delivered to Palestinians in Gaza ‘as soon as possible,’ al-Ansari said Thursday.

Hamas said 200 trucks a day will enter Gaza carrying aid, including food, water and fuel, but has given no details on quantities.

The Qatari foreign ministry spokesman said the wider hope is that the ‘momentum’ from the cease-fire will lead to an ‘end to this violence.’

However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to destroy Hamas’ military capabilities and its governance of Gaza after the truce expires.

Such an elimination of Hamas would end its 16-year rule in Gaza. Netanyahu has also repeatedly committed to ensuring all the estimated 240 captives held in Gaza by Hamas and other groups are returned to Israel.

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION REACTS TO TEMPORARY CEASE-FIRE DEAL BETWEEN ISRAEL, HAMAS 

‘We will continue it until we achieve all our goals,’ Netanyahu said.

Benjamin Netanyahu: We have to win for the sake of the civilized world

During an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity earlier this week, Netanyahu said Israel was committed to winning the war against Hamas to eliminate its ‘dark tyranny’ from the Gaza Strip.

‘We have to win not only for our sake, but for the sake of the Middle East, for the sake of our Arab neighbors. You know what, for the sake of Gazans who’ve been held by this dark tyranny that has brutalized and brought them nothing but bloodshed and poverty and misery,’ Netanyahu said Monday. ‘We have to win to protect Israel. We have to win to safeguard the Middle East. We have to win for the sake of the civilized world. That’s the battle we’re fighting, and it’s being waged right now. There is no substitute for that victory.’

Israel further pushed back against speculation the temporary truce would bring an end to the fighting when Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant was quoted as telling troops Thursday that the war would resume with intensity for at least two more months.

More than 13,300 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run Health Ministry in Gaza, which does not differentiate between civilians and militants in its death tolls.

Israel says it has killed thousands of Hamas fighters, but the exact figures have not been provided.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
Previous Post

Top DeSantis backer resigns from super PAC amid internal turmoil: ‘Untenable’ environment

Next Post

Biden unsure when American hostages will be freed by Hamas: ‘We don’t know’

DadOnRetire

DadOnRetire

Next Post

Biden unsure when American hostages will be freed by Hamas: 'We don't know'

Get the daily email that makes reading the news actually enjoyable. Stay informed and entertained, for free.
Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
AG threatens to sue nonprofit accused of going woke if taxpayer money isn’t returned: ‘Choice is yours’

AG threatens to sue nonprofit accused of going woke if taxpayer money isn’t returned: ‘Choice is yours’

February 10, 2023
Arkansas Democrat defends Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders amid attack from California’s Gavin Newsom

Arkansas Democrat defends Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders amid attack from California’s Gavin Newsom

February 9, 2023
Trump gears up for 2024 rally in Waco, Texas amid ongoing federal investigation, possible NY indictment

Trump gears up for 2024 rally in Waco, Texas amid ongoing federal investigation, possible NY indictment

March 19, 2023

Here’s why every American should be talking about politics and religion on Thanksgiving

November 23, 2023
US military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damage

US military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damage

0
George Santos scandal brings renewed attention to Biden’s fabrications

George Santos scandal brings renewed attention to Biden’s fabrications

0
Texas ranch owner near border catches men attempting to break into house

Texas ranch owner near border catches men attempting to break into house

0
Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin diagnosed with ‘serious but curable’ cancer

Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin diagnosed with ‘serious but curable’ cancer

0
Lego hits record revenue in first half of 2025, boosted by brick flowers and cars

Lego hits record revenue in first half of 2025, boosted by brick flowers and cars

August 29, 2025
AI detects sound of frog species threatened in Southern California

AI detects sound of frog species threatened in Southern California

August 29, 2025
Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say

Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say

August 29, 2025
Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say.

Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say.

August 29, 2025

Recent News

Lego hits record revenue in first half of 2025, boosted by brick flowers and cars

Lego hits record revenue in first half of 2025, boosted by brick flowers and cars

August 29, 2025
AI detects sound of frog species threatened in Southern California

AI detects sound of frog species threatened in Southern California

August 29, 2025
Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say

Trump accused Fed Governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say

August 29, 2025
Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say.

Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say.

August 29, 2025

Disclaimer: DadOnRetire.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively "The Company") do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Email Whitelisting

Copyright © 2025 dadonretire.com | All Rights Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock

Copyright © 2025 dadonretire.com | All Rights Reserved