Dad On Retire
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Email Whitelisting
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Thank you
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock
No Result
View All Result
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock
No Result
View All Result
Dad On Retire
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Top Biden adviser visits Beirut as Israel, Hezbollah near all-out war

DadOnRetire by DadOnRetire
January 12, 2024
in News
0
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Read this article for free!
Plus get unlimited access to thousands of articles, videos and more with your free account!
Please enter a valid email address.
By entering your email, you are agreeing to Fox News Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

Senior Biden adviser Amos Hochstein will visit Beirut, Lebanon, on Thursday to meet with officials in an effort to prevent Israeli-Hezbollah tensions from spilling into an all-out war.

Hochstein has been in the region meeting with Israeli officials for more than a week as tensions have grown red-hot. He will now meet with Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati and other officials to discuss how the country can secure its border and prevent Hezbollah attacks on Israel.

Hezbollah is an Iran-backed terrorist organization that operates in Lebanon. The group has launched hundreds of missiles and rockets into Israel since the IDF began its campaign against Hamas following the October 7 terror attack that killed more than 1,200 Israelis.

Israel has been forced to evacuate towns along its northern border with Lebanon, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned that an invasion may be imminent if Hezbollah does not cease hostilities.

A senior Hezbollah commander said the terrorist organization does not want an expanded war with Israel Tuesday, but attacks on Israeli targets have continued.

Hezbollah claimed that a Tuesday attack was in retribution for an Israeli strike that killed Wissam al-Tawil, who commanded Hezbollah’s Radwan forces.

Hezbollah deputy leader Naim Qassem released a televised speech stating that his group does not seek an all-out war with Israel, ‘but if Israel expands it, the response is inevitable to the maximum extent required to deter Israel.’

Netanyahu vowed on Monday that his government would do ‘anything’ to bring back security for Israel.

‘Hezbollah made a serious mistake about us in 2006, and is doing so again now. It thinks that we are weak as a spiderweb, and now sees what kind of spider we are,’ Netanyahu said while visiting soldiers at the northern border. ‘It sees here enormous power, national unity, and determination to do whatever is necessary to bring security back to the north, and I tell you that this is my policy.’

‘We naturally prefer that there be no large scale conflict, but that will not stop us,’ he added. ‘We have given Hezbollah an example of what happened to its friends in the south, and that is what will happen here in the north. We will do anything to bring back security.’

When top Hamas commander Saleh al-Arouri was killed in Beirut, Lebanon, last week, Hezbollah’s chief claimed the organization was ready for war. Netanyahu adviser Ambassador Mark Regev told MSNBC that ‘Israel has not taken responsibility for this attack,’ but noted the ‘surgical’ nature of the strike.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

Read this article for free!
Plus get unlimited access to thousands of articles, videos and more with your free account!
Please enter a valid email address.
By entering your email, you are agreeing to Fox News Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

Senior Biden adviser Amos Hochstein will visit Beirut, Lebanon, on Thursday to meet with officials in an effort to prevent Israeli-Hezbollah tensions from spilling into an all-out war.

Hochstein has been in the region meeting with Israeli officials for more than a week as tensions have grown red-hot. He will now meet with Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati and other officials to discuss how the country can secure its border and prevent Hezbollah attacks on Israel.

Hezbollah is an Iran-backed terrorist organization that operates in Lebanon. The group has launched hundreds of missiles and rockets into Israel since the IDF began its campaign against Hamas following the October 7 terror attack that killed more than 1,200 Israelis.

Israel has been forced to evacuate towns along its northern border with Lebanon, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned that an invasion may be imminent if Hezbollah does not cease hostilities.

A senior Hezbollah commander said the terrorist organization does not want an expanded war with Israel Tuesday, but attacks on Israeli targets have continued.

Hezbollah claimed that a Tuesday attack was in retribution for an Israeli strike that killed Wissam al-Tawil, who commanded Hezbollah’s Radwan forces.

Hezbollah deputy leader Naim Qassem released a televised speech stating that his group does not seek an all-out war with Israel, ‘but if Israel expands it, the response is inevitable to the maximum extent required to deter Israel.’

Netanyahu vowed on Monday that his government would do ‘anything’ to bring back security for Israel.

‘Hezbollah made a serious mistake about us in 2006, and is doing so again now. It thinks that we are weak as a spiderweb, and now sees what kind of spider we are,’ Netanyahu said while visiting soldiers at the northern border. ‘It sees here enormous power, national unity, and determination to do whatever is necessary to bring security back to the north, and I tell you that this is my policy.’

‘We naturally prefer that there be no large scale conflict, but that will not stop us,’ he added. ‘We have given Hezbollah an example of what happened to its friends in the south, and that is what will happen here in the north. We will do anything to bring back security.’

When top Hamas commander Saleh al-Arouri was killed in Beirut, Lebanon, last week, Hezbollah’s chief claimed the organization was ready for war. Netanyahu adviser Ambassador Mark Regev told MSNBC that ‘Israel has not taken responsibility for this attack,’ but noted the ‘surgical’ nature of the strike.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
Previous Post

Haley, DeSantis fire shots at Trump in head-to-head debate: ‘He did not deliver’

Next Post

Department of Defense Inspector General announces review of Lloyd Austin hospitalization

DadOnRetire

DadOnRetire

Next Post

Department of Defense Inspector General announces review of Lloyd Austin hospitalization

Get the daily email that makes reading the news actually enjoyable. Stay informed and entertained, for free.
Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
AG threatens to sue nonprofit accused of going woke if taxpayer money isn’t returned: ‘Choice is yours’

AG threatens to sue nonprofit accused of going woke if taxpayer money isn’t returned: ‘Choice is yours’

February 10, 2023
Arkansas Democrat defends Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders amid attack from California’s Gavin Newsom

Arkansas Democrat defends Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders amid attack from California’s Gavin Newsom

February 9, 2023
Trump gears up for 2024 rally in Waco, Texas amid ongoing federal investigation, possible NY indictment

Trump gears up for 2024 rally in Waco, Texas amid ongoing federal investigation, possible NY indictment

March 19, 2023

Here’s why every American should be talking about politics and religion on Thanksgiving

November 23, 2023
US military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damage

US military bases that housed Afghan evacuees suffered $260 million in damage

0
George Santos scandal brings renewed attention to Biden’s fabrications

George Santos scandal brings renewed attention to Biden’s fabrications

0
Texas ranch owner near border catches men attempting to break into house

Texas ranch owner near border catches men attempting to break into house

0
Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin diagnosed with ‘serious but curable’ cancer

Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin diagnosed with ‘serious but curable’ cancer

0
Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced with consumer criticism

Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced with consumer criticism

August 30, 2025
Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe

Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe

August 30, 2025
Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

August 30, 2025
House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

August 30, 2025

Recent News

Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced with consumer criticism

Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced with consumer criticism

August 30, 2025
Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe

Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe

August 30, 2025
Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

August 30, 2025
House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

August 30, 2025

Disclaimer: DadOnRetire.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively "The Company") do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Email Whitelisting

Copyright © 2025 dadonretire.com | All Rights Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock

Copyright © 2025 dadonretire.com | All Rights Reserved